I turned 38 yesterday!!
What better way to celebrate than to list 38 lessons Ive learnt (yes, learnt) so far.
- It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
- Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
- It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
- Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
- If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
- Pay off your credit cards every month.
- Its OK to have Cardi B. and The Clark Sisters on your car karaoke playlist.
- Get to know your parents as people.
- Be accountable.
- It’s never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
- Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
- Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear hot pink and leopard print.
- No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
- What other people think of you is none of your business.
- However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
- Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
- Your children get only one childhood. Make it memorable.
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
- If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
- Wear your wig proudly!
- Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
- If you don’t ask, you don’t receive.
- Schedule and attend your annual checkups.
- Go with your gut.
- Express your feelings.
- Acceptance is the first step to freedom.
- You matter.
- Travel more.
- Pace yourself.
- Be careful what you pray for.
Form your own opinions about people — don’t just believe what other people are saying about them.
Talk to your family and loved ones as often as possible when they’re alive — because they won’t always be.
- Be present.
- Admit when you’re wrong.
- Be grateful.
- Embrace your failures.
- Get a good nights sleep.
- Go ahead, embrace your style. Wear socks with those heels!!!
What are some of the best life lessons you have learned so far?